This is how one of our customer’s protects their newly installed screed flooring. How do you protect your newly layed floors?
1. Ideally do not place anything on the floor for up to 7 days during initial curing
2. Do not attempt to clean the floor in the first 7 days
3. After 7 days you may lay ProFloor Flooring Protector (Heavy Duty) or Proplex 2mm Flame Retardant Sheets. For alternative UK products try: www.protection.co.uk/products/floor-protection/screed-floor-protection/
4. Ensure the rolls/sheets are tightly butted together (no gaps or exposed concrete)
5. Ensure you securely tape the joints between rolls/sheets
6. Tape the rolls/sheets at perimeter edges leaving no gaps or floor exposed
7. If the rolls/sheets move and expose the floor surface, recover ensuring all the floor is protected with no gaps
8. Leave rolls/sheets in place for a period of approx. 21 days after installing them (i.e. 28 days from when the floor was installed)
9. 3 days prior to our return visit to polish, remove protection and mop the floor using cold clean water and allow to dry thoroughly
10. Leave the floor free from traffic for the 48 hour period before polishing
11. The floor should now be ready for diamond polishing
We are always interested to hear how you protect areas from damage during building or renovation work.Next post: 9 Ways Temporary Protection Helps You Stick to Your Budget
Protec International LTD Recognised by the Considerate Constructors Scheme
We are delighted to announce that we have been named Most Considerate Supplier Runner Up and received the Gold National Supplier Award at the National Company and Suppliers Awards, hosted…
Floor Protection for Parties and Events
With Halloween, Bonfire Night and the Festive Period fast approaching, it can be a busy time catching up with family and friends. House parties are a great way to get…
Protec Guide: Temporary Flooring Protection
Whilst temporary floor protection is most commonly specified in commercial and residential building projects, it is increasingly being used on smaller domestic projects such as redecorating or moving home. By…
©2019 Protec International Ltd. Registered in England No. 3686287. VAT No. 725 7799 83.
The Company reserves the right to amend or vary its conditions of sale and to alter its prices and charges in respect of goods and/or services supplied to the customer without notice. Prices and charges payable by the customer shall be those prevailing at the time of delivery and so invoiced by the Company.