Protec's Dust Control Solutions:
Dust from power tools, sanding and dry sweeping causes all sorts of lung diseases, from lung cancers to silicosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disorders to asthma. In fact, around 1.8 million construction workers are regularly exposed to dust, which means that they are one of the most at-risk groups of these sorts of diseases. Therefore, protecting construction workers from dust should be at the forefront of project managers minds. What is the best way to protect those who are living in a premise whilst construction is taking place? The HSE recommends:
- Less cutting, instead choose products which are already at the size you need
- Using less powerful tools
- Consider different methods of work e.g. use a nail gun instead of drilling holes first
- Hire or Purchase a Dust extraction Vacuum
Protec has also found that dust can be contained and easily cleared by using a ZipWall Barrier. Combined with Polythene Sheeting, the ZipWall Barrier Kit restricts the spread of airborne dust which means that tidying up is easier and construction employees are exposed for lower levels of time.The HSE provides more detailed information. Is construction dust a concern to you? Let us know on LinkedIn or Facebook.
This infographic aims to help you to protect yourself and others from health damaging construction dust. It details the following information:
- The number one hazard concern in the UK's construction industry is dust.
- Hazards such as dust and chemical exposure are the greatest cause of work place ill health and death.
- Each year, 1.8 million construction workers are regularly exposed to dust.
- There are 6,000 deaths from chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases.
- There are more than 8,000 occupational cancers annually.
- There are simple and easy ways to protect yourself and others from potentially hazardous exposure to construction site dust.
Please see the entire construction dust safety infographic here:
Guide to Preparing for a Kitchen Renovation
Products used in this blog post
Protec Wins Again at the Considerate Constructors Scheme’s National Supplier Awards
We are delighted to announce that for the fourth year running we have been named Most Considerate Supplier Runner Up and received the GOLD National Supplier Award at the National…
25 Years of Protec: Temporary Protection, Permanent Success
This year, Protec celebrates its 25th anniversary, that’s 25 years of providing protective materials to the UK and beyond. Over the years, we have developed, from our humble first offices…
Protec at the Forefront of Sustainable Construction
In recent years, sustainability has become an increasingly prevalent term in popular culture. Now more so than ever, people are becoming aware of the impact that we have on the…
©2021 Protec International Ltd. Registered in England No. 3686287. VAT No. 725 7799 83.
The Company reserves the right to amend or vary its conditions of sale and to alter its prices and charges in respect of goods and/or services supplied to the customer without notice. Prices and charges payable by the customer shall be those prevailing at the time of delivery and so invoiced by the Company.