Paint is an incredible compound mixture of resin, pigment, solvents and additives. Not only can we get it in any colour, from neutral to fluorescent, we can also choose from textures and effects, such as chalk, glow in the dark and magnetic paints. So, it is hardly surprising that when you’re ready to get painting on a new project, you’re too excited to take the precautionary measures needed to ensure the finish is flawless.
These five tips & tricks are something to consider before starting painting:
1) Choose a high quality floor protector so that it will be easily laid down and easily removed. We’d recommend using CarpetShield to protect not only the carpet but also up to the edges of the wall. Carpetshield is easily unravelled (reverse wound) so you only need to kick it across the floor, but make sure you have gone right up to the skirting board. It uses a low-tack residue, so it won't make a mess when you remove it.
2) Second, clean the wall with a cloth and soapy water. This will remove any dirt from ruining a smooth finish on the wall.
3) Once the floor is prepared and you have a clean surface to paint on, apply a masking tape to areas such as skirting boards to make sure no paint splashes onto it. This one is a perfect ultra-low tack masking tape for high-gloss surfaces.
4) Next, you should be ready to start painting. Use a Paint Shield or create your own out of card to stop any of the flecks of paint from ruining your finish.
5) Take a picture & upload your finished project onto our Facebook page. We'd love to see your finished project!Next post: Sustainable Supply Chain Infographic
Products used in this blog post
Protec Wins Again at the Considerate Constructors Scheme’s National Supplier Awards
We are delighted to announce that for the fourth year running we have been named Most Considerate Supplier Runner Up and received the GOLD National Supplier Award at the National…
25 Years of Protec: Temporary Protection, Permanent Success
This year, Protec celebrates its 25th anniversary, that’s 25 years of providing protective materials to the UK and beyond. Over the years, we have developed, from our humble first offices…
Protec at the Forefront of Sustainable Construction
In recent years, sustainability has become an increasingly prevalent term in popular culture. Now more so than ever, people are becoming aware of the impact that we have on the…
©2021 Protec International Ltd. Registered in England No. 3686287. VAT No. 725 7799 83.
The Company reserves the right to amend or vary its conditions of sale and to alter its prices and charges in respect of goods and/or services supplied to the customer without notice. Prices and charges payable by the customer shall be those prevailing at the time of delivery and so invoiced by the Company.