Paint is an incredible compound mixture of resin, pigment, solvents and additives. Not only can we get it in any colour, from neutral to fluorescent, we can also choose from textures and effects, such as chalk, glow in the dark and magnetic paints. So, it is hardly surprising that when you’re ready to get painting on a new project, you’re too excited to take the precautionary measures needed to ensure the finish is flawless.
These five tips & tricks are something to consider before starting painting:
1) Choose a high quality floor protector so that it will be easily laid down and easily removed. We’d recommend using CarpetShield to protect not only the carpet but also up to the edges of the wall. Carpetshield is easily unravelled (reverse wound) so you only need to kick it across the floor, but make sure you have gone right up to the skirting board. It uses a low-tack residue, so it won't make a mess when you remove it.
2) Second, clean the wall with a cloth and soapy water. This will remove any dirt from ruining a smooth finish on the wall.
3) Once the floor is prepared and you have a clean surface to paint on, apply a masking tape to areas such as skirting boards to make sure no paint splashes onto it. This one is a perfect ultra-low tack masking tape for high-gloss surfaces.
4) Next, you should be ready to start painting. Use a Paint Shield or create your own out of card to stop any of the flecks of paint from ruining your finish.
5) Take a picture & upload your finished project onto our Facebook page. We'd love to see your finished project!Next post: 1000 Gauge Polythene Sheeting used for Colourscape Festival
Products used in this blog post
We are celebrating International Women’s Day
As a leading supplier of temporary protection materials to the construction industry, we wanted to take a minute to celebrate International Women’s Day and more specifically, women in construction.The construction…
Protec Wins at the Considerate Constructors Scheme’s National Supplier Awards
We're delighted to announce that Protec have been named Most Considerate Supplier Runner Up 2017, in this year’s Considerate Constructors Scheme’s National Supplier Awards.Not only did we receive the GOLD…
Rearranging Rooms Or Moving Home? Protect Your Furniture And Your House!
This is the final part in our series on protecting your home during DIY projects. Although it might not strictly be DIY, you’ll likely be doing some home improvement work…
©2018 Protec International Ltd. Registered in England No. 3686287. VAT No. 725 7799 83.
The Company reserves the right to amend or vary its conditions of sale and to alter its prices and charges in respect of goods and/or services supplied to the customer without notice. Prices and charges payable by the customer shall be those prevailing at the time of delivery and so invoiced by the Company.