At Protec we try to care for the environment as much as we do for our customers.
For some time we haven taken matters of environmental protection, consideration to sustainable sources, and overall impact of our company quite seriously.
One of the simplest ways we – and any company – can take the same considerations is by recycling unneeded or unwanted materials. All kinds of common materials can be recycled, from paper, card, food, foil, plastics can all be professionally recycled.
Our Proplex Plastic Sheeting is great material for all sorts of applications such as floor protection, wall protection and all sorts of fittings such as worktops, appliances, cupboards and doors.
Depending on the application there is a size and thickness perfect for the job and here is a quick guide.
General Protection (Floors, Walls and Worktops) –
2.4m x 1.2m Proplex Sheets
Use: For standard protection against impact damage. Easily cut, creased and bent. Great for protecting floors with minimal foot traffic or applying vertically to walls. As it is easily cut and creased these sheets are perfect for altering the size to fit worktops or various other surfaces
Use: Higher degree of impact resistance, ideal for protecting floors with occasional heavy traffic
Use: For protecting Heavy traffic or extremely high value flooring Continue reading
5 Protec Products to consider when moving house:
- Self adhesive carpet and or Hard surface protector, to preserve floor coverings on the ground floor, stairs and first floor when moving furniture out of one property and into another
- Door Jamb protectors, to protect door frames from damage from furniture in transit through rooms to their desired location in the property
- Handrail and Balustrade protector, to prevent damage to staircase balustrades and newels from furniture in transit as these are particularly sensitive areas of any property
- Small Bubble wrap, for wrapping delicate items preventing damage on their journey
- Standard Trap Mats and overshoes, a single Trap mat placed at each location entrance removing dirt from the soles of shoes used in conjunction with overshoes left inside the entrance to the property, both products ensuring a clean damage free move
One of the most common issues are asked to help with is protection against painting, whether it’s regular roller painting or spray booth protection.
We have a product which works great for protection against paint – PeelGard Glass Protection.
Did you know that you can completely eliminate dust and dirt in Dust Sensitive areas such as food production, healthcare or hospitals by shaping the Heavy Duty Zipdoors to a J shape doorway?
Shaping the doorway in this manner is also suitable for sites where excessive dirt/dust is travelled through foot traffic to ensure the Doorways remain operational for prolonged periods of time and don’t pick up debris.
Enclosed is our step by step instructions to a more effective dust free environment on your site.
Cut one side of the material
Then cut the other side
Install the material onto the fabric
One of the most sought-after uses of ZipWall Temporary Screening is its ability to protect against paint splashes while decorating. Often this involves more time and perhaps even cost in cleaning up. Not with ZipWall.
Our latest testimonial comes from John Jacuk of Pro Classic Painting, who also uses ZipWall for a very unusual job.
We love working with schools and colleges, they provide the most interesting and diverse challenges that require our temporary protection products.
Our latest commission has been from Macclesfield College, where we have been asked to help protect their sports hall floor – made from finished wood – from summer events and activities.