How to prepare your kitchen for a renovation project
If you are planning a new kitchen, you should probably read Which?’s fantastic guide to get a good idea of what you need to know. However, one thing they don’t cover is temporary protection materials.
New kitchen and bathroom installations can be very costly. An architect was referred to Protec because he had a brand new beautiful, pristine bathroom installed, but dropped the shower tray on the new tiles, creating a huge dent in the new tiles. After having to take everything out, which was both costly and time-consuming, he needed to get everything installed again. That’s where we came in. Protec’s range of temporary protection materials ensured nothing else got damaged. This checklist of 8 items is perfect for making sure you have everything covered when you get a new kitchen or bathroom installed.
2) Appliances – Protect your dishwasher, washing machine and cooker when you get any work done on your kitchen with the purpose designed Hob and Oven protector. It saves time, and if you are a kitchen installer, can be reused for your next project or recycled.
3) Worktops – Prevent accidental damage from trades with Proplex, a highly durable material which has many applications.
4) Sinks – Protect sinks from damage during building, construction and refurbishment projects with Protec Flame Retardant Sink Protectors. Protec Flame Retardant Sink Protectors are inexpensive, re-usable and simple to install.
5) Bidets - Don’t forget to protect your Bidet! Protec’s Bidet Protectors provide an inexpensive and re-usable method of temporary bidet protection. They are purpose made to provide complete protection caused by damage or debris during construction and refurbishment projects. Bidet Protectors are custom-manufactured from heavy duty corrugated plastic sheets. This provides excellent resistance to spillage, compression or impact. Pre-creased, with lockable tabs, the Bidet Protectors are simple to assemble and install on site.
6) Bath - Protect flame retardant Bath Protectors are used to effectively protect baths from damage during building, construction and refurbishment projects. Unlike more traditional methods of bathroom protection such as ‘boxing in’, Protec’s flame retardant Bath Protectors are inexpensive, re-usable, easy assembly and simple to install. These specially designed FR Bath Protectors are constructed from heavy duty twin-wall plastic sheets to create a rigid, compression and impact resistant board. They are pre-creased with lockable tabs for quick and easy assembly and fitting.
7) Temporary Floor Protection – Breathershield is the perfect multi-purpose floor protector which is breathable, for example, if you have a newly tiled floor the floor can continue to cure whilst you work over the top. This will speed up your bathroom installation and with over 100m of it, you can use it for many projects.
8) Door Frame Protectors – Don’t underestimate the power of these simple, foam door jamb protectors. They’ll protect your doorframes from even the most heavy objects.
Thought of anything else we need for bathroom or kitchen temporary protection? Why not leave us a message or contact us for more information!